Inspirational quotes are powerful. Whether or not they end up printed on the book jacket of a best-seller or on a Post-It note taped to our monitor, they stick around in our thoughts, filtering them in a new light.
Quotes teach us new things, remind us of what’s important, motivate us to keep going, and spark new ideas.
Here are 21 quotes from some of the most authoritative voices in content marketing. I hope they will inspire and motivate you to create amazing content for your audience this week (and every week).
- “By creating and publishing remarkable content in the form that educates, informs, inspires and entertains, marketers can begin to build relationships with prospects early on in the buying cycle. This fundamental shift is changing the mantra from ‘Always be Closing’ to ‘Always be Helping.’” ~ Jonathon Lister, LinkedIn
- “Content marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.” ~ Jon Buscall, Jontus Media
- “Stop Writing about Everything. So many brands create content and try to cover everything, instead of focusing on the core niche that they can position themselves as an expert around. No one cares about your special recipe … Find your niche, and then go even more niche.” ~ Joe Pulizzi, Content Marketing Institute
- “Do not address your readers as though they were gathered together in a stadium. When people read your copy, they are alone. Pretend you are writing to each of them a letter on behalf of your client.” ~ David Ogilvy, Ogilvy & Mather
- “Effective engagement is inspired by the empathy that develops simply by being human.” ~ Brian Solis, Altimeter Group
- “You don’t have to reinvent the wheel; you just need to share your unique perspective on why the wheel is important.” ~ Jon Ball, Page One Power
- “A good content curator knows the difference between being helpful and being a nuisance. Don’t share just to share. Make sure there’s context and relevance for your audience”. ~ Jessica Ann, Jessica Ann Media
- “Here’s everything you need to know about creating killer content in 3 simple words: Clear. Concise. Compelling.” ~ Demian Farnworth, Copyblogger
- “Commit to a niche; try to stop being everything to everyone.” – Andrew Davis, Brandscaping
- “If you wait for inspiration to write, you’re not a writer. You’re a waiter.” ~ Dan Poynter, Para Publishing
- “Make the customer the hero of your story.” ~ Ann Handley, Marketing Profs
- “Content is fire, social media is gasoline.” ~ Jay Baer, Convince and Convert
- “The only way to win at content marketing is for the reader to say, ‘This was written specifically for me.’” ~ Jamie Turner, 60 Second Marketer
- “The paradox is the more info you give away, the more people will buy what you have to give …” ~ Brian Clark, Copyblogger
- “Content is anything that adds value to the reader’s life. It can add value by making them smarter, making them laugh, making them do their job better, rush to their child to share the video, make a contribution to a charity.” ~ Avinash Kaushik
- “When it gets difficult is often right before you succeed.” ~ Chris Garrett, ProBlogger Book
- “What you do after you create your content is what truly counts.” ~ Gary Vaynerchuk, Vayner Media
- “Traditional marketing talks at people. Content marketing talks with them.” ~ Doug Kessler, Velocity Partners
- “The best way to persuade people is with your ears – by listening to them.” ~ Dean Rusk, U.S. Secretary of State (1961-1969)
- “Remarkable content levels the playing field.” ~ Dharmesh Shah, HubSpot
- “Be the best answer.” ~ Lee Odden, TopRank Marketing
Which quotes resonate with you the most? Are any of your favorite content marketing quotes missing from the list? Please share in the comments below.